Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™
Are you a professional currently living in Atlantic Canada who wants to support international students to live, work, and stay in the region?
The Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ program is for exceptional and motivated international students who are committed to living, working, and contributing to communities to Atlantic Canada.
Each Atlantic province (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador) offers a province-wide program that connects final year (graduating) international students directly to the labour market, helping them to build valuable employment skills, gain workplace knowledge, and build meaningful and professional connections through workshops, networking, and mentorship.
Mentors contribute to the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ program by supporting international students to stay, live, and work in Atlantic Canada post-graduation.
Mentors: Please note applications for the 2020-2021 cohort are now closed.
International students: Please note applications for the 2020-2021 cohort are now closed.
Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ focuses on:
- Cultural and social adaptation
- Professional communication
- Career and labour market support
- Networking and professional connections
- Access to immigration resources and support
- Entrepreneurship (NL)
Mentorship: Making Connections that Make a Difference!
A managed mentorship component is an integral part of the program, providing opportunities for students to apply their learning, build connections, and gain a deeper understanding of Atlantic Canada’s workplace culture and labour market opportunities
What mentors do:
- Meet with your assigned student a minimum of 4-6 times between January 2021-July/August 2021.
- Share your knowledge, skills, advice, and connections.
- Work one-on-one with an international student to support their professional learning goals.
- Provide feedback to your mentee on their areas of strength and improvement.
- Respond to students and be open to answering questions about working in the province.
- Be available to support your student as she or he transitions from ‘student’ to ‘professional’
Mentors: be prepared to give yourself time of approximately 5-10 minutes to complete your application.
Want to know more about how the program started? Check out a video that highlights Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ program, which in Nova Scotia, was formerly known as ‘Stay in Nova Scotia’.
Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ Program - Use of Information Policy Statement:
By continuing with the online application, please know that the personal information collected in the application form for Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™, through the En Point Mentorship platform, will be used by program staff and partners, for the purpose of reviewing applications and assigning mentor/mentee matches based on the information provided by mentors and students. Please provide as much information as possible to help us in consideration of program eligibility, and to make the best suitable match. Information gathered on this form will only be shared with the program coordinators (staff), and program partners. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this personal information, please contact the Atlantic Canada Study and Stay™ Retention Manager at email@example.com